Internet Security

An Oath Keepers leader arrested for participating in the Capitol riot said she met with Secret Service and was providing ‘security’ to legislators and other key figures

Summary List PlacementA woman arrested for her alleged participation in the January 6 riot at the US Capitol said she was at the riot to provide security to legislators and other important people and had met with Secret Service agents.  In new court filings this weekend, lawyers for Jessica Watkins, a leader with the far-right,…

Summary List PlacementA woman arrested for her alleged participation in the January 6 riot at the US Capitol said she was at the riot to provide security to legislators and other important people and had met with Secret Service agents. 
In new court filings this weekend, lawyers for Jessica Watkins, a leader with the far-right, anti-government militia group Oath Keepers, argued that Watkins was not a participant in the insurrection but was instead working security to speakers at former President Donald Trump’s rally that preceded the insurrection that left five people dead, CNN first reported.  
“On January 5 and 6, Ms. Watkins was present not as an insurrectionist, but to provide security to the speakers at the rally, to provide escort for the legislators and others to march to the Capitol as directed by the then-President, and to safely escort protestors away from the Capitol to their vehicles and cars at the conclusion of the protest,” the Saturday court filing said.
“She was given a VIP pass to the rally,” it continued. “She met with Secret Service agents. She was within 50 feet of the stage during the rally to provide security for the speakers. At the time the Capitol was breached, she was still at the sight of the initial rally where she had provided security.”
In a statement to Insider, a spokesperson US Secret Service said it did not employ the assistance of any private citizens on January 6.
“To carry out its protective functions on January 6th, the U.S. Secret Service relied on the assistance of various government partners,” the statement said. “Any assertion that the Secret Service employed private citizens to perform those functions is false.”
In the filing, attorneys for Watkins, who has been jailed since mid-January, said she believed Trump would evoke the Insurrection Act and use the US Military to stop President Biden from assuming office. Her lawyer said she and others  “would have a role” in assisting the former president in his attempt to remain in office.  
“However misguided, her intentions were not in any way related to an intention to overthrow the government but to support what she believed to be the lawful government,” Watkins’ attorney Michelle Peterson. “She took an oath to support the Constitution and had no intention of violating that oath or of committing any violent acts.”
As Insider reported Friday, nine members of the far-right Oath Keepers have been charged with conspiracy to obstruct Congress with the January 6 riot. Three, including Watkins, had previously been charged, but six new charges were announced by the Justice Department on Friday. 
Prosecutors said in the indictment Friday the defendants planned to besiege the Capitol as early as November 3 and coordinated plans on social media for weeks beforehand the insurrection in DC.
Watkins, an Army veteran who served in Afghanistan, also this weekend petitioned for release on safety grounds due to her treatment as a transgender woman. She claimed she was “treated harshly” and is at “particular risk in custody” because she is transgender.
So far, more than 250 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection. Join the conversation about this story » NOW WATCH: Inside London during COVID-19 lockdown
Read More

Be the first to write a comment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Internet Security

Taoiseach warns that US airport security demand for access to five years of social media activity is ‘unworkable’

Taoiseach Micheál Martin hailed US president Donald Trump as “a sensible guy” as he warned a US demand for access to five years of social media activity as part of American visa screening was simply unworkable…

Taoiseach Micheál Martin hailed US president Donald Trump as “a sensible guy” as he warned a US demand for access to five years of social media activity as part of American visa screening was simply unworkable…
Read More

Continue Reading
Internet Security

Obasanjo: Nigeria’s Insecurity Has Been Weaponised 

AFRICAN EXAMINER) – Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has described Nigeria’s prolonged fight against Boko Haram as an “industry,” noting that the insurgency has lasted far longer than the country’s 1967–1970 civil war. Obasanjo made the remarks on Sunday during the Toyin Falola Interviews, a conversation livestreamed on social media…

AFRICAN EXAMINER) – Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has described Nigeria’s prolonged fight against Boko Haram as an “industry,” noting that the insurgency has lasted far longer than the country’s 1967–1970 civil war. Obasanjo made the remarks on Sunday during the Toyin Falola Interviews, a conversation livestreamed on social media…
Read More

Continue Reading
Internet Security

GTA responds to viral video alleging kidnap and extortion of visiting Black Americans

The Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) has responded to a video circulating on social media in which some visiting Black Americans claim they were kidnapped and extorted by individuals believed to be police officers. In a statement, the Authority explained that the Ghana Police Service and the Cyber Security Authority have begun full investigations into the

The Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) has responded to a video circulating on social media in which some visiting Black Americans claim they were kidnapped and extorted by individuals believed to be police officers. In a statement, the Authority explained that the Ghana Police Service and the Cyber Security Authority have begun full investigations into the …
The post GTA responds to viral video alleging kidnap and extortion of visiting Black Americans appeared first on Ghanaian Times…
Read More

Continue Reading
Internet Security

Mono Protocol presale updates: how blockchain usability and chain abstraction are redefining Web3 crypto presales

Mono Protocol steps into this environment with solutions designed to reduce friction and make multi-chain activity easier. Mono Protocol recently passed its full smart contract audit with CertiK, a widely respected blockchain security firm. The Mono Protocol presale continues to see strong participation, bringing the total raised to $3.75M so far. Many users still struggle


  • Mono Protocol steps into this environment with solutions designed to reduce friction and make multi-chain activity easier.
  • Mono Protocol recently passed its full smart contract audit with CertiK, a widely respected blockchain security firm.
  • The Mono Protocol presale continues to see strong participation, bringing the total raised to $3.75M so far.

Many users still struggle with the complexity of blockchain transactions, cross-chain tools, and fragmented web3 experiences.

These challenges affect adoption across the wider crypto presale space and limit how people interact with DeFi platforms.

As demand rises, users look for the next potential big presale crypto that solves these everyday issues.

Mono Protocol steps into this environment with solutions designed to reduce friction and make multi-chain activity easier.

Interest in the presale crypto stage has continued to grow as the project gains visibility across the crypto presale list and broader cryptocurrency presale discussions.

Blockchain usability and chain abstraction are redefining Web3

The shift toward better usability is becoming essential across the top presale crypto market.

Many teams building in blockchain face similar issues: complex infrastructure, confusing routing, and high development costs.

Mono tackles these challenges by offering tools that let developers build apps that just work.

This direction supports the growing interest in new crypto presale platforms focused on function instead of noise.

Developers save time and reduce expenses because they no longer need to build cross-chain infrastructure from scratch.

The system manages routing and execution so teams can focus on product design and quicker shipping.

This aligns with trends seen across crypto ICO presale discussions as builders aim to create smoother user experiences.

Mono also introduces transaction fee configuration, helping teams generate revenue while offering users dependable execution and MEV protection.

As web3 adoption grows, this type of clean, reliable process supports the rise of strong presale ICO projects and helps shape what the community expects from a next potential big presale crypto.

Rewards hub that simplifies earning in the crypto presale journey

Mono’s Rewards Hub acts as the central space where users complete tasks during the presale crypto stage.

It includes social quests, referral steps, and presale challenges that reward participants with promo codes.

These codes can be redeemed for bonus MONO once connected through a supported wallet, giving users a simple path to engage with the presale process.

The clear structure helps new users navigate web3 interactions without confusion.

By making each step easy to follow, the system supports growth across cryptocurrency presales and gives users an active role in the process.

This approach has made Mono stand out among crypto presale projects that aim to streamline participation.

As users complete quests and claim their promo codes, bonuses are delivered directly as MONO.

This strengthens involvement within the top presale crypto market and shows how clean design can improve presale experience across the broader blockchain ecosystem.

CertiK audit complete

Mono Protocol recently passed its full smart contract audit with CertiK, a widely re

Read More

Continue Reading