Internet Security

Security upped for UK-based Persian news station after threats from Iranian regime

LONDON, United Kingdom — The Iran International TV channel on Friday said that further security measures have been put in place around its London offices after threats from the regime in Tehran. Concrete barriers have been erected similar to those at key government buildings and tourist spots in the British capital, to prevent vehicle attacks.…

LONDON, United Kingdom — The Iran International TV channel on Friday said that further security measures have been put in place around its London offices after threats from the regime in Tehran.

Concrete barriers have been erected similar to those at key government buildings and tourist spots in the British capital, to prevent vehicle attacks.

The barriers were “guaranteed to stop a 7.5-tonne truck at 50 miles (80 kilometers) per hour,” a spokesman for the Persian-language channel said.

Vehicle access in and around the site would also be controlled and checks carried out, he added.

The threats were an escalation of years of intimidation because of its broadcasting of protests in Iran, the spokesman told AFP.

“We’re the only channel running 24/7 coverage of the protests,” he said.

But he added: “We’re not the voice of the protests. We’re the only means that people in Iran can see them.”

The spokesman, who asked not to be identified, stressed that Iran International was not an opposition channel and its staff were not activists.

“We were set up as a service for people in Iran and the diaspora,” he said.

Last week, London’s Metropolitan Police confirmed that armed police vehicles had been deployed outside the TV studios.

That followed “severe and credible” death threats against two of its UK-based journalists from the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

The UK government promptly hauled in Iran’s highest-ranking diplomat to the country for a dressing-down.

Earlier this week, the Kan public broadcaster reported that Israel provided intelligence information to the British authorities that enabled them to foil the planned attacks against local journalists.

Iranians protest the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini after she was detained by the morality police, in Tehran, October 27, 2022. (AP Photo/Middle East Images, File)

MI5, the UK domestic intelligence agency, has uncovered at least 10 plots by Iran to kill UK-based individuals deemed to be “enemies of the regime” so far this year, its boss said last week.

The channel employs about 100 staff in London, whose coverage of the protests largely involves sifting through and verifying social media content of the demonstrations.

Iranian staff were “more anxious” than panicked about the threats and more worried about the safety of their families back home, as well as the wider impact of the protests, said the spokesman for the channel.

“We all don’t know what the hell is going to happen. That’s stressful,” he said.

Times of Israel staff contributed to this report.

Most Popular
  • Religious icons left by prior visitors are seen inside a 2,srcsrcsrc-year-old Second Temple-Period burial cave designated the Salome Cave that was recently uncovered in the Lachish Forest in Israel, December 2src, 2src22. (AP Photo/ Maya Alleruzzo)

    1

    Burial cave dedicated to Jesus midwife Salome reveals treasures; will open to public

  • Illustrative: This photo released by the Syrian official news agency SANA shows missiles in the sky near the international airport, in Damascus, Syria, on January 21, 2src19. (SANA via AP)

    2

    Syria says Israeli airstrikes hit sites in Damascus area, two soldiers wounded

  • Grade four students Alon Cohen, Liam Atias, and Rotem Levnat with an ancient oil lamp they discovered in Kibbutz Parod, December 2src22. (Israel Antiquities Authority)

    3

    Children out for a stroll in north discover 2,000-year-old lamp in the ground

  • Irmgard Furchner appears in court for the verdict in her trial in Itzehoe, Germany, Tuesday, Dec. 2src, 2src22. The 97-year-old was convicted as an accessory to the murder of over 1src,srcsrcsrc people for her role as a secretary to the SS commander of the Nazis

    4

    Ex-concentration camp secretary convicted in potentially last ever Holocaust trial

  • US Representative-elect George Santos, a New York Republican, speaks at an annual leadership meeting of the Republican Jewish Coalition, November 19, 2src22, in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/John Locher)

    5

    New York congressman-elect campaigned as a Jewish Republican. Was he lying?

  • Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu emerges from coalition talks with Shas head Aryeh Deri and Religious Zionism chief Bezalel Smotrich outside a hotel in Jerusalem, December 5, 2src22. (Yonatan Sindel/Flash9src)

    6

    Netanyahu has 2 days to declare he’s got a coalition. He’s nearly certain to succeed

  • Footage from a surveillance camera shows a deadly bombing attack in Jerusalem, November 24, 2src22. The video was published by the Moses Staff Iranian hacker group. (Screenshot: Telegram, used in accordance with Clause 27a of the Copyright Law)

    7

    Report: Iran hacked Israeli cameras a year ago; defense officials knew, didn’t act

  • Palestinian terrorist Nasser Abu Hmeid in an undated photograph. (WAFA)

    8

    Mass-murdering terrorist Nasser Abu Hmeid dies of cancer in Israeli custody

read more:
  • Israel & the Region
  • Iran
  • Iran protests
  • Mahsa Amini
  • Iran International

!–>!–>!–>!–div>!–>!–>
Read More

Be the first to write a comment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Internet Security

Taoiseach warns that US airport security demand for access to five years of social media activity is ‘unworkable’

Taoiseach Micheál Martin hailed US president Donald Trump as “a sensible guy” as he warned a US demand for access to five years of social media activity as part of American visa screening was simply unworkable…

Taoiseach Micheál Martin hailed US president Donald Trump as “a sensible guy” as he warned a US demand for access to five years of social media activity as part of American visa screening was simply unworkable…
Read More

Continue Reading
Internet Security

Obasanjo: Nigeria’s Insecurity Has Been Weaponised 

AFRICAN EXAMINER) – Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has described Nigeria’s prolonged fight against Boko Haram as an “industry,” noting that the insurgency has lasted far longer than the country’s 1967–1970 civil war. Obasanjo made the remarks on Sunday during the Toyin Falola Interviews, a conversation livestreamed on social media…

AFRICAN EXAMINER) – Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has described Nigeria’s prolonged fight against Boko Haram as an “industry,” noting that the insurgency has lasted far longer than the country’s 1967–1970 civil war. Obasanjo made the remarks on Sunday during the Toyin Falola Interviews, a conversation livestreamed on social media…
Read More

Continue Reading
Internet Security

GTA responds to viral video alleging kidnap and extortion of visiting Black Americans

The Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) has responded to a video circulating on social media in which some visiting Black Americans claim they were kidnapped and extorted by individuals believed to be police officers. In a statement, the Authority explained that the Ghana Police Service and the Cyber Security Authority have begun full investigations into the

The Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) has responded to a video circulating on social media in which some visiting Black Americans claim they were kidnapped and extorted by individuals believed to be police officers. In a statement, the Authority explained that the Ghana Police Service and the Cyber Security Authority have begun full investigations into the …
The post GTA responds to viral video alleging kidnap and extortion of visiting Black Americans appeared first on Ghanaian Times…
Read More

Continue Reading
Internet Security

Mono Protocol presale updates: how blockchain usability and chain abstraction are redefining Web3 crypto presales

Mono Protocol steps into this environment with solutions designed to reduce friction and make multi-chain activity easier. Mono Protocol recently passed its full smart contract audit with CertiK, a widely respected blockchain security firm. The Mono Protocol presale continues to see strong participation, bringing the total raised to $3.75M so far. Many users still struggle


  • Mono Protocol steps into this environment with solutions designed to reduce friction and make multi-chain activity easier.
  • Mono Protocol recently passed its full smart contract audit with CertiK, a widely respected blockchain security firm.
  • The Mono Protocol presale continues to see strong participation, bringing the total raised to $3.75M so far.

Many users still struggle with the complexity of blockchain transactions, cross-chain tools, and fragmented web3 experiences.

These challenges affect adoption across the wider crypto presale space and limit how people interact with DeFi platforms.

As demand rises, users look for the next potential big presale crypto that solves these everyday issues.

Mono Protocol steps into this environment with solutions designed to reduce friction and make multi-chain activity easier.

Interest in the presale crypto stage has continued to grow as the project gains visibility across the crypto presale list and broader cryptocurrency presale discussions.

Blockchain usability and chain abstraction are redefining Web3

The shift toward better usability is becoming essential across the top presale crypto market.

Many teams building in blockchain face similar issues: complex infrastructure, confusing routing, and high development costs.

Mono tackles these challenges by offering tools that let developers build apps that just work.

This direction supports the growing interest in new crypto presale platforms focused on function instead of noise.

Developers save time and reduce expenses because they no longer need to build cross-chain infrastructure from scratch.

The system manages routing and execution so teams can focus on product design and quicker shipping.

This aligns with trends seen across crypto ICO presale discussions as builders aim to create smoother user experiences.

Mono also introduces transaction fee configuration, helping teams generate revenue while offering users dependable execution and MEV protection.

As web3 adoption grows, this type of clean, reliable process supports the rise of strong presale ICO projects and helps shape what the community expects from a next potential big presale crypto.

Rewards hub that simplifies earning in the crypto presale journey

Mono’s Rewards Hub acts as the central space where users complete tasks during the presale crypto stage.

It includes social quests, referral steps, and presale challenges that reward participants with promo codes.

These codes can be redeemed for bonus MONO once connected through a supported wallet, giving users a simple path to engage with the presale process.

The clear structure helps new users navigate web3 interactions without confusion.

By making each step easy to follow, the system supports growth across cryptocurrency presales and gives users an active role in the process.

This approach has made Mono stand out among crypto presale projects that aim to streamline participation.

As users complete quests and claim their promo codes, bonuses are delivered directly as MONO.

This strengthens involvement within the top presale crypto market and shows how clean design can improve presale experience across the broader blockchain ecosystem.

CertiK audit complete

Mono Protocol recently passed its full smart contract audit with CertiK, a widely re

Read More

Continue Reading