Internet Security

White House rejects parts of Trump advisers’ sovereign wealth fund proposal

Key Takeaways The White House has rejected parts of a sovereign wealth fund proposal created by Trump’s advisers. The details of the sovereign wealth fund are still under debate with no final decisions announced yet. Share this article The White House has opposed certain elements of a sovereign wealth fund proposal developed by Treasury Secretary

Key Takeaways

  • The White House has rejected parts of a sovereign wealth fund proposal created by Trump’s advisers.
  • The details of the sovereign wealth fund are still under debate with no final decisions announced yet.

Share this article

The White House has opposed certain elements of a sovereign wealth fund proposal developed by Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent and Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick at President Trump’s request, according to a new report from CBS News.

The plan, reportedly delivered by early May, follows Trump’s February executive order directing the Treasury and Commerce departments to develop a framework for a US sovereign wealth fund within 90 days.

The order fueled speculation that the fund might be used to acquire Bitcoin on behalf of the US government.

However, at the time, Bessent and Lutnick said that the fund would indeed focus on warrants, equity, and other non-crypto investments. Still, David Sacks, Trump’s crypto czar, indicated that Bitcoin could be included in the fund’s portfolio.

That no longer appears to be the case after Trump signed a separate executive order establishing a strategic Bitcoin reserve and a digital asset stockpile on March 6, which suggests a standalone approach to crypto holdings.

There were also rumors that the fund might be financed through tariffs and other revenue sources despite ongoing budget deficits. But Lutnick later clarified that tariffs would not be used to support the sovereign wealth fund.

According to the CBS News report, White House spokesperson Kush Desai said the Treasury and Commerce Departments have developed plans in response to Trump’s directive, but no final decisions have been made.

The administration, Desai added, continues to view the initiative as part of its broader effort to safeguard national and economic security.

Details of the fund’s structure and purpose remain under discussion, with no formal announcement expected in the near term.

Sources say Trump has not yet decided how the fund’s proceeds would be used, though he has previously floated the idea of it taking a stake in TikTok, which faces a potential US ban unless ByteDance divests.

Regarding the US Strategic Bitcoin Reserve and the Digital Asset Stockpile, Bessent and Lutnick are also tasked with outlining operational guidelines, custody frameworks, and acquisition strategies. These plans are expected to remain separate from the sovereign wealth fund initiative and are designed to be budget-neutral.

Share this article

?xml>?xml>?xml>
Read More

Be the first to write a comment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Internet Security

Strategy’s Bitcoin-Backed STRC Outperforms Tech Stocks on Risk-Adjusted Returns

Strategy Inc.’s bitcoin-backed preferred equity STRC crossed a notable milestone this week after Chairman Michael Saylor announced the instrument had delivered one of the strongest risk-adjusted performance metrics in the market. Saylor Promotes STRC as Digital Credit With Sharpe Ratio Over 3 Strategy Inc. issued the preferred security STRC—short for Strategy Inc…

Strategy Inc.’s bitcoin-backed preferred equity STRC crossed a notable milestone this week after Chairman Michael Saylor announced the instrument had delivered one of the strongest risk-adjusted performance metrics in the market. Saylor Promotes STRC as Digital Credit With Sharpe Ratio Over 3 Strategy Inc. issued the preferred security STRC—short for Strategy Inc…
Read More

Continue Reading
Internet Security

One of two women leaders: PM Kamla at US Security Summit | News Extra | trinidadexpress.com

UNITED STATES President Donald Trump has announced that a new ‘Security Initiative’ in the Western Hemisphere would be a focal point at The Shield of the Americas Summit tomorrow. In a social media post yesterday, Trump disclosed this as he informed that he dismissed Kristi Noem as US Secretary for Homeland Security and designated her

UNITED STATES President Donald Trump has announced that a new ‘Security Initiative’ in the Western Hemisphere would be a focal point at The Shield of the Americas Summit tomorrow. In a social media post yesterday, Trump disclosed this as he informed that he dismissed Kristi Noem as US Secretary for Homeland Security and designated her
Read More

Continue Reading
Internet Security

The firing of Kristi Noem, briefly explained

This story appeared in The Logoff, a daily newsletter that helps you stay informed about the Trump administration without letting political news take over your life. Subscribe here. Welcome to The Logoff: Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem is out of a job. What happened? Noem was fired on Thursday in a social media post by President Donald

This story appeared in The Logoff, a daily newsletter that helps you stay informed about the Trump administration without letting political news take over your life. Subscribe here. Welcome to The Logoff: Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem is out of a job. What happened? Noem was fired on Thursday in a social media post by President Donald [……
Read More

Continue Reading
Internet Security

US Treasury Sanctions IRGC-Linked Digital Asset Exchanges

OFAC sanctions senior Iranian security figures, Babak Zanjani, and two UK-registered crypto exchanges for aiding the IRGC and human rights abuses. The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) announced on January 30, 2026 in Washington the designation of Iran’s Interior Minister Eskandar Momeni Kalagari and multiple Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps

OFAC sanctions senior Iranian security figures, Babak Zanjani, and two UK-registered crypto exchanges for aiding the IRGC and human rights abuses. The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) announced on January 30, 2026 in Washington the designation of Iran’s Interior Minister Eskandar Momeni Kalagari and multiple Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps [……
Read More

Continue Reading